You could see this picture on my workbench.
Absolutely necessary tool - cup of tea :)
I've completed my new choker (captured inverted round weave)
I was worried I run out of captured rings but luckily there were just enough (only 8 left)
Here is my new choker and my neck :)
Bracelet out of barrels weave. When I finished this bracelet I realised that I can use my coloured rings to make it more interesting :)
I laid my eyes on 'barrels' a while ago. Finally I've put myself together to make it. Ring size for this weave is the same as for byzantine.
I've tried to make inverted round chain a few times before but all the time the ring size was wrong. The chain was terribly stiff. And now it turns out just the way I like. I will make choker if I have enough gold plated rings.
I have received this bracelet to repair. The fastener on one side came off. (Or course I thought about taking pictures of the repair process after I've repaired it) . This is my first restoration work (you have to start from something)
I had to re thread it. I added some seed beads #11 where bracelet connects to the clasp. This should prevent the thread from fraying.
I was asked to video how I crochet the bead rope. It turned out to be a very quick way of bead crochet. Well, I've never known any other way. This is not a tutorial. Also, this is my first ever attempt to video myself doing something, so please, be kind :) Any questions are welcomed.
While I am anxiously awaiting for the second part of African stripes I've asked my daughter to give me her beading loom to play for a bit. I am weaving a long thing stripe. The purple beads are almost finished. I am going to weave it until I run out of purple beads. I hope the stripe will turn out long enough.
Here we go! First part is ready. I was so eager to start this project that I strung and crocheted 3 different colour variations. I use Japanese seed beads Matsuno #8 and #6. Larger beads give necklace very interesting triangular shape.
Recently I've learned new chainmaille pattern from this YouTube video . Straight away I decided to create something. I made a bracelet out of square fragments. This weave is like crocheting, when you make separate squares and then link them together.
I also would like to show another variation of Turkish round chain which I made to replace the anklet.
I had some leftover crystals and decided to make this little bracelet. This is a cheap version, silver plated wire and findings. I loved this design so much so I decided to order different colours crustals amd make some more... Can't wait to receive a little packet with niceys :))
I was asked to make this jewellery set for a wedding for mother-of-the-bride. She chose this stunning set from Scott David Plumlee's books
This is how it all started:
I've ordered quite a lot of sterling silver wire and findings
I've coilled all wire and made a lot if rings (about 1300 of them) using drill, knitting needles and jewler's saw
After all rings were ready I started to weave and stopped before finishing, to make sure bracelet and necklace fit perfectly. I had to remove one section in bracelet and add 3 sections to the necklace.
Before attaching Svarowsky crystals I've polished all items in special solution. It all became very shiny.